Friday 17 February 2012

IS @SPERIE_ GETTING MARRIED SOON FOR REAL???

                          EXCLUSIVE TIME WITH ISINGUZO FRANKLYN ....
The C.E.O of Sperie Customs…. A part-time student of university of Ibadan studying political science with great passion for fashion.
.

Debbie: Hello

Sperie : Hello

Debbie : tell me a little about your background…

Sperie : My name is Isinguzo Franklyn,a native of Umuahia,Abia State. I attended St-Catherine's model school  Lagos,Federal Government college Minna,Niger State and I’m presently a partime student of the University of Ibadan studying political science.

Debbie : When did you start your clothing line?

Sperie : The idea of sperie customs came to me in 2004, but I officially started in 2005.

Debbie : As a student and entrepreneur,how do you cope with school?

Sperie : this is not a big problem, I chose to be a part-time student so I can merge business with studies..plus I have a team that can take good care of orders in my absence.

Debbie : Tell me about your brand.

Sperie : sperie customs is an urban apparel line...we make native attires too,but we always add this urban touch to every concept we come up with.



Debbie :wao!!! nice so how do you cope with your female customers and admirers?

Sperie : Whenever I meet people I try to define my relationship with them and I try so hard not to mix biz with pleasure..lastly,I have a way of turning my female admirers to good friends with no strings attached..

Debbie : What are your challenges as a designer?

Sperie : I started with a very low capital and there was no support from anybody except for my mum and uncle,no good tailor..and trust me,these really affected the growth of sperie customs….and am proud to tell you that my challenges then were my stepping stones.







Debbie : Tell me about companies you have done clothes for.



Sperie: we have done a lot of promotional tees for companies,like…Suzuki, Cia motors, G.I.L automation, God is good motors,oceon Engineering , I did the first set of shirts for BRT , Calabar carnival(2011), I did the lamba tees and snab backs for serengetti music (A record label)..trust me,the list is endless and we are grateful to God for his favour.
Then we have our designs in the market,,tees like "certified fresh" "don't dull" "ibleed green" "flygerian" "super hero tees" and so many more..




Debbie : Who is your role model?

Sperie :I have lots of people that inspire me instead....someone like Sean combs. I love his brand…I admire the works of blokes n diva and KC jabbari

Debbie : Are you married?cos i heard you'r getting married soon.
Sperie : Huh? I am not married o!!!!! I’m so single but taken..lol *winks*

Debbie : Tell me about your gains and losses.

Sperie : Do I need to do this? Okay oo!!! So much losses when I started,but 2011 has been a very good year because we have not recorded any loss and if there is at all,it should be 2% .and I'm thankful to GOD for his endless blessings.

Debbie : What are your hobbies?

Sperie :swimming,traveling,exploring,movies.

Debbie : Any advice for upcoming designers?

Sperie : Ask yourself this question “do I have passion for fashion”? if you can answer the question positively,then the sky is just a starting point and don’t forget to put God first.

Debbie : Your philosophy?

Sperie : Its easier to do things right than to explain why they were done wrong..

Debbie : Thank you Franklyn for sharing your time with me.

Sperie : Thank you very much..God bless

9 comments:

  1. Nice interview! Ddnt know ur brand was this big! God bless ya hustle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is really nice. You're really gonna make it big. God bless your hustle. And Deb, thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are u coming to take over Ghana? Lemme hook u up nicely, I promise...

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice 1,GOD is taking u higher...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ‎​Yezzir!!! The revolution will be televised!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babs Rentals @Tbabanee17 February 2012 at 14:58

    ‎​Yezzir!!! The revolution will be televised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never knew uve gone dis far guy...God is def gonna b wit u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Interview!!! Keep ur head up sperie!!! God's blessings.

    ReplyDelete